Crescent Moon Athletic Shorts
We love organic cotton, but let's face it, it just doesn't make the cut when it comes to athletic apparel. Cotton is absorbent and keeps you feeling wet and sweaty. Recycled polyester is a cool concept but it contributes to micro waste (the plastic pills off into little micro pieces when you wash them that pollute our oceans!), and they don't feel that soft on the skin.
We've finally found the perfect bamboo, organic cotton, spandex blend that is perfect for athletic apparel. Bamboo is wonderful at wicking moisture away from the body making it great for sweaty situations!
Fabric Content: 60% bamboo 30% organic cotton 10% spandex
Why It's Ethical:
- Miakoda was founded on the principle of “triconsciousness,” or protection of the rights of animals, people and the planet
- All materials used in the vegan fashion collection–such as organic cotton and organic soy–are eco-friendly and cruelty-free
- Miakoda is made in the U.S.A., with most garments manufactured at a small factory in NYC
- Designer Julia Ahrens creates all crocheted products and malas by hand
- Organic cotton is grown in chemical-free soil without the use of toxic or polluting pesticides and fertilizers
Fit & Details:
- Waistband is 3" to prevent squeezing (nobody likes a waistband that feels like it's pinching you!). Waistband sits on the high hip for a comfortable mid-rise fit.
- 3" slit pocket on front left side of waistband.
- Flat lock seams sewn with stretch thread to provide extra stretch for mobility and comfort
- Gusseted crotch for increased mobility and comfort
- Measurements: ◦ XS- 12.25" waist flat, 7" rise, 5.75" inseam
- S- 13" waist flat, 8" rise, 5.75" inseam
- M- 14.25" waist flat, 8.5" rise, 5.75" inseam
- L- 15.5" waist flat, 9" rise, 6" inseam
- XL- 16" waist flat, 9" rise, 6" inseam
- XXL- 17.25" waist flat, 9.5" rise, 6.5" inseam