A Few of The Style Line's Favorite Things
By Rachel Schwartzmann of The Style Line
'Tis the season for holiday gifting. And it's important to remember that when you're shopping for presents, the best way to go is to opt for staples with a twist. Winter fashion is all about layering, so if you can find good high-quality basics, then you've already fought half the battle. You can then turn your attention to details–whether it's fabric, pattern or silhouette. Use what you know about your loved ones to help tailor your choices when shopping for them. Below, you'll find my top five pieces that are not only essential winter staples, but also have a little bit of character stitched into every seam.
1. A STATEMENT JACKET: You can't go wrong with a classic bomber. The houndstooth print on this Ace & Jig jacket gives a little seasonal flair!
2. A COZY HAT: The texture on this hat by Kordal is great, but you can't beat the warm wool and neutral color. It'll go with everything.
3. A WHIMSICAL SCARF: No matter where you are, a scarf is an essential accessory to complete any outfit. Add on a cute print like the rhinos on this Sophia Costas scarf, and you've got something that's sure to turn heads.
4. A FESTIVE BLOUSE: To me, this Awaveawake top is the epitome of the perfect holiday blouse: a great color, flattering silhouette and a perfect feminine touch with the bow.
5. TAILORED TROUSERS: You can never do without a pair of tailored pants, and this pair by Study is the perfect example of an item that can be dressed up or down.